Congratulations, you made it to your twenties alive, and with only a few bumps and bruises. I am so proud of you, of everything you have accomplished, because I know it wasn’t easy. I have watched you grow over the years and feel so lucky to have been a part of it. As you join the twenties club I have a few words of wisdom for you. So listen closely- I am your older, wiser, sister, after all.
- Don’t stress out: When you enter your twenties you gain a whole lot of responsibilities. Whether it’s apartment bills, eating healthy, or finding a job, they are unavoidable, and they will be stressful. But try not to stress, because you are capable of more than you know and you will do great things, always remember that.
- Be Independent: This is the time in your life that you will truly find yourself. The only way to do this is by embracing your independence. Go grocery shopping alone once in a while, grab a coffee on your own, find time to push your boundaries on what you can do alone, you will learn so much about yourself. It’s always okay to date yourself, because your awesome.
- Be Proud: Okay, there will be times when you doubt yourself; it will happen. Don’t do it, be proud of everything you have accomplished. You have done so many wonderful things up to this moment.
- Have Fun: Please if you don’t remember anything else from this, remember to have fun. I know you work hard and I know you take things seriously, but while you’re at it, have fun. Find humor in stressful situations because life is about being happy.
- Be Spontaneous: This will be the last time in your life that you will be able to do something at a drop of a hat. These are the moments you will always remember. You know that trip you want to take? Just do it!
- Don’t Change: You are so perfectly you, don’t change that. Your twenties will challenge you, you start to find yourself, but always stay true to your heart; you know you.
Always know that I am so proud of you, and only a phone call away. Welcome to your twenties!